Before you begin
You’ll need to have a Backoffice user account. This account is provided by Client Services. If you don't have a merchant account yet head over to the getting started with Vendo section.
You will only be able to run real transactions once your integration is fully tested and approved.
Testing the integration
Check Appendix A for details on how to perform test transactions.
This API can schedule recurring payments for you.
If you sell subscriptions you can either schedule the recurring payments in your own platform or instruct Vendo to manage the rebills.
You'll need 3 things before you can start implementing and testing the implementation:
- Your Merchant ID
- One of your Site IDs
- The API secret for tests
Read on to learn how to obtain those:
- Log in to the Backoffice and go to Catalog > Merchants. Select your Merchant name from the list.
- Get your merchant id, which is located at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Gateway API Secret for Tests and copy the code.
- Go to Catalog > Sites and get an ID for the site you want to test the API against (you may create a test site first if you prefer).
- Integrate the Gateway Payment API and test it.
- Remember that the JSON parameters must be POSTed in the body of the HTTP request.
- Please allow at least 30 seconds for the response to arrive. Set connection and transfer timeouts to 30 seconds or more.
- Once you’ve successfully tested the API, inform Vendo and the team will generate the API secret for real transactions.